Tuesday 27 March 2007

Up the stakes

I am pleased to report that i reached my $120 target tonight which means i allowed myself to move up the blinds to $.05/.1 and you may think what? you made $50 in one night on $.02/.04 blinds? afraid not, i recommended a friend to Party so they gave me a $50 bonus. i was thinking about ignoring this and instead aiming to get $170 so i would have reached $120 in my own mind but whats the point? i only wanted, no needed to reach $120 so i would only be risking 5% of my BR at any time, the sooner the better.

So how did i fare in this unknown territory? pretty good. i was planning to buy in for $6 and moving down to 4 tables until i settle in but automatically opened 4 games and deposited $4 on all. its all good though because i still made plenty on the allowence i gave myself. i made a good call on the flop after a preflop call from my reraise with AK on a 4 7 9 board. he had A10. did he think he was winning? i was suprised with how well i did actually on these blinds, it seems so much more easier to beat it and take their money. ended up winning $13 in the first 7 minutes

before playing these blinds i must confess i stuck sum money in my old limits, managed to get down to 52c after by 78 on an A78 flop was beaten by A8 and with an 8 on turn i could never have got away from it. on leaving the table i had $8.50 though which tipifies how well i am playing even after such a beat.

Isnt poker a great game? sometimes.

Current BR:$137.42

No comments: