Thursday 15 March 2007

My poker life so far

My poker journey began when i was 16. i downloaded partypoker not really understanding the game too much. i knew the basic card ranks and had got the buzz after watching my brother play his low limit games on blue sqr. obviously i wasnt old enough to deposit funds so i would go on the play money tables not really caring if i won or lost.

Just before my 17th birthday i found that my dad had an account on willhill and that you could play online poker there. i won a football bet which i had put on earlier that year on liverpool which got my online poker career started with a BR of £10. i played £1.20 STTs and managed to increase my BR to £30 in a week or 2. obviously beginners luck. a few months later i ended up £50/60/70 down and had been withdrawing money from my dads account without him knowing. he found out and tried to stop me playing online. i started playing MTTs with bigger rewards and won my first tournament winning £97. i payed back my dad and closed the account as i found the beats on this site were fast and predictable. i opened a real money account on partypoker using my brothers card and began slowly increasing my BR from $57 to around $330 in a couple of months as i only played $6 STT. i withdrew £120 and started again to make sure i didnt play stakes which i felt were too high for the amount of money i had coming in from my job which was only around £25 a week so £120 seemed a lot at this time. i had a run of 2 months or so when my BR drifted up and down without anything really happening. in August i discovered football betting on partybets.com and withing 2 weeks of betting on accumilators of 5 or 6 games won my first larger bet and took $160 increasing my BR to about $250. in the months that followed my poker play went really well and i was full of convidence bluffing at right times and almost always placing top 3 still in $6 STTs.

Turning 18 in september i began playing more often and accidently entered my first ever limit MTT with a friend who is alot more experienced than me. i came 1st and won $417 dollars-the biggest win of my poker career so far. i withdrew £350 leaving my BR at $150 but since then things started to go down hill. i dont seem to hit cards and my game has gone downhill so the main reason for starting this, like many other players is to try and focus more when playing and take the game more seriously.

so thats just abit about my poker background. now onto the challenge i plan to set myself

No comments: